Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Glass Menagerie

Me as Tom Wingfield
As I mention at some other point on this site (I believe in the About Me and Resume sections), being a Theatre and Film undergraduate, I do enjoy taking part in community theatre productions, typically in an acting capacity.

Generally, I try to do one or two plays a year.  Theatre is a fantastic creative outlet, I have always found the combination of working so intimately with a group of people, the inventiveness of staging a show, and the rush of being on stage before an audience, to be an exhilarating experience that I do not like to go long without.

As such, back in December, I was cast a Tom Wingfield in a Black Box Fire production of Tennessee Williams' The Glass Menagerie.  This production was directed by Lauren Repei, and jointly stage managed by Stephanie Yantsis and Danielle Dean-Alton.  Also appearing in the production was Gail Edwards as Amanda Wingfield, Andrea Adcock as Laura Wingfield, and Michael Anania as Jim O'Connor.

Having worked with a number of these great people in prior productions, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to do so again.  The production ran with 10 shows, from March 16th until March 30th.

The show was also reviewed by both The View (local free paper), and The Hamilton Spectator (municipal newspaper).  While the former was actually quite glowing, the latter proved less so.  Regardless, this was a fantastic experience and I look forward to the next production I might get the opportunity to participate in!


No comments:

Post a Comment